Head of PR & External Communication – Tobii DynavoxTobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii group, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and China.
Our mission is to empower people with disabilities to do what they once did, or never thought possible. We believe we can help millions of people to get a voice of their own, by reaching out to a broader audience and working to create awareness around Augmentative and alternative Communication (AAC), often through life changing stories coming from our users. For instance, meet our users Ava and Steve.
Do you want to help us with our mission?
We are now looking for a Head of PR & External communication, to help us share our mission and to reach the next level.
The role and responsibilities
The key objective for the role as Head of PR & Communication at Tobii Dynavox is to support our vision by the effective use of PR and Communication directed towards our key target groups: The SLP (Logoped) /Professionals community, special education schools, parents and caretakers. We also see great potential in identifying and nurturing external stakeholders to become spokespersons and thought leaders to help us tell this powerful story.
In this new role you will be tasked with building effective and globally scalable public relations and communication activities for Tobii Dynavox, starting in North America, Scandinavia and the UK.
Your days will be filled with
- Formulate and execute PR and external communication plans.
- Identify, nurture and promote industry influencers & thought leaders.
- Manage local and international PR agencies.
- Manage IR related news such as press releases.
- Collaborate with group corporate communication and PR in other business units to coordinate PR & communication where necessary
- Market and competitor media coverage intelligence.
We are looking for someone who has
- A BA in Marketing, Communications or equivalent. MA is a bonus!
- 5+ years experience working in public relations or technology communications for an agency or company, preferably within tech or medtech
- 5+ years experience working with external communication teams at a company or agency
- experience working with social media as a tool for PR at a company or agency
- 3+ years experience from working with international PR, coordinating activities across local teams and agencies.
- Excellent communication skills in english, both verbal and written
We find it to be a strong merit if you have experience working in a fast paced and unpredictable environment.
To be successful in this role, and at Tobii, we think you are structured and have a process driven approach. You are a true problem solver and have an analytical mind. We think you are interested in coordinate and collaborate with PR agencies, but it is as important to roll up the sleeves yourself.
Please address your questions to Michaela McCarthy, Michaela.McCarthy@tobii.com, and submit your resume through our website as soon as possible, don't wait! At Tobii, we move quickly!
Working at Tobii is like being in the heart of innovation. Here you get to work on cool creative projects, together with passionate colleagues from all around the world. Our technology brings a voice to people with speech impairments, it helps us understand human behavior and it is revolutionizing the way we interact with technology. Life is short so we choose to spend it building high tech products that matters!
If you want to build a company rather than just work for one. If you take pride in honest hard work and want to perform freely in an open environment where you can be yourself, you will feel right at home.
It’s all about passion, innovation and making things real.
Watch this video if you want to learn more about us.Apply now