Global Program Manager
Tobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii group, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and China. If you want to work with meaningful products and solve interesting problems, we might be the right company for you!
Take a look at this video that shows how we impact lives and give people with disabilities the power and ability to express who they are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zh2UMK8xf0
Our Pittsburgh office is located in the South Side. We offer our full time employees a generous benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401K with company match, paid vacations, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, free parking, relaxed work environment, free on-site gym, free bike rentals, and various company events.
Tobii Dynavox currently has a unique opportunity in Pittsburgh for a Program management professional that has a few years of experience. You will help deliver cutting-edge products to people with complex communications challenges.
To succeed, you should be highly driven and structured in your approach to program management, and be someone that is interested in finding creative solutions to challenging and exciting project issues.
- Support and guide the project team with assigned resources and co-ordinate with other teams/sites for everyone to have a clear understanding of the project scope, time plan and deliverables
- Support the development and implementation to meet the project/product objectives: performance, cost and quality on time. Hold meetings according to set project plans, continuously update and inform all members of the project scope and deliverables, instructing of activities and follow up on deliveries and status
- Make sure that assigned projects are run according to the Tobii Dynavox Project Model
- Synchronizing information with all stakeholders. Report status, progress, cost to Steering Group in monthly meetings
- Document the project work and decisions for traceability
- Follow up and handle the regulatory and quality requirements
- Travel internationally approximately 30 days per year
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Engineering or technical discipline,
- Minimum of two years’ experience in Program or Project Management
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills allowing for communication and collaboration with all members of the team
- Experience with MS Windows Office Suite
- Previous AAC and or med-class industry is a plus
- Cross-cultural experiences and understanding. We are a global company and an international mindset would be considered a benefit
- Strong relationship builder and strong communications skills combined. Ability to build confidence and trust with Product Management, Steering Groups, and project members through open and honest communication.
- Build a team spirit and “we” feeling
- Independent, self-motivated with a natural sense of responsibility to reach set goals and with a high ambition to achieve results
- Build confidence, and support the project team members to achieve their required tasks
- Great organizational skills including delegation of tasks while creating a positive work environment where everyone takes responsibility to meet the goals
- Commit to the deliverables and run the projects with high dedication and focus
- Strong sense and judgement for what is best for the users, project and company
- Able to lift 10 pounds. Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard.
WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work with interruptions. Enduring long hours/hour beyond usual work week at times
- Ability to travel internationally for approximately 30 days per year
To be successful in this role and at Tobii Dynavox you need to be customer focused and interpersonal while collaborating and working with a team. You must be able to multitask in a fast paced environment.
All our jobs at Tobii Dynavox are about innovation, passion and not the least - making things real.
Working at Tobii Dynavox:
Working at Tobii is like being in the heart of innovation. Here you get to work on cool creative projects, together with passionate colleagues from all around the world.
Our technology brings a voice to people with speech impairments, it helps us understand human behavior and it is revolutionizing the way we interact with technology.
Life is short so we choose to spend it building high tech products that matters!
If you want to build a company rather than just work for one. If you take pride in honest, hard work and want to perform freely in an open environment where you can be yourself, you will feel right at home.
- It’s all about passion, innovation and making things real –
Learn more about what we do by visiting our Youtube channel