Tobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii group, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and China. If you want to work with meaningful products and solve interesting problems, we might be the right company for you!
We give people a voice. We help people with various disabilities “speak” with their hands and their eyes, interact and communicate with technology, in completely new and often game changing ways. Have a look at our users Steve , Katie , and Stephen to get an idea of how our products can completely change people’s lives. Every day we help people with disabilities ranging from ALS and Cerebral Palsy to Spinal Cord Injury and Stroke.
The Funding Consultant is responsible for coordinating the intake, submission, and follow-up of new product, repair, and equipment rental orders. This individual works closely with SLPs, government agencies, and educational institutions to obtain order authorization and thoroughly reviews documents for submission ensuring they meet third party payer criteria.
The role and responsibilities
In this role, you will be responsible for/work with:
- Maintaining communication with SLPs on funding cases and instruct SLPs on document preparation and funding policies and regulations
- Working with insurance providers, government agencies, and educational institutions to place new product, repair or rental orders
- Tracking funding authorization cases ensuring requests are resolved to completion in a timely manner
- Utilizing on-line resources and maintain frequent communication with funding agencies to verify eligibility
- Reviewing prior authorization documents against third party payer criteria
- Researching previous orders and payment history/DSOs for any repair or new order requests
- Entering and completing orders in the order management system database
- Serving as a client advocate by communicating with clients and family members on funding requests and co-payment requirements, representing client’s case with third party insurance providers and troubleshooting any problems to resolution
- Resolving third party denials and provide consultation to finalize difficult funding cases
- Alerting supervisor of potential third party payer challenges
- Performing various other duties as assigned
All our jobs at Tobii are about innovation, passion and not the least- making things real.
We are looking for someone who:
- Bachelor Degree, or 2 – 4 years related experience
- Background in the health insurance field preferred
- Oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal, collaboration, and teaming skills
- Customer service orientation
- Internet navigation skills
- Customer service orientation
- Able to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Able to work at a desk for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to work with interruptions in a fast paced environment
At Tobii we want you to be yourself and we welcome applicants from all walks of life. No matter if you wear biker boots or sneakers, or if you spend your nights trying to put all your children to sleep or if you prefer playing Dungeons & Dragons with your colleagues. Welcome to Tobii!
Apply as soon as possible by our website. We handle applications ongoing, don't wait! At Tobii Dynavox, we move quickly.
Working at Tobii you will find yourself in an innovative environment and work with passionate colleagues from all around the world. Our technology brings a voice to people with speech impairments, it helps us understand human behavior and it is revolutionizing the way we interact with technology.
If you want to build a company rather than just work for one, if you take pride in honest hard work and want to perform freely in an open environment where you can be yourself, you will feel right at home.
It’s all about innovation, passion and making things real.
Tobii Dynavox values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Tobii Dynavox does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA Women/Minorities/Veterans/DisabledApply now