Funding Consultant - Healthcare / Insurance
Tobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii group, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and China. If you want to work with meaningful products and solve interesting problems, we might be the right company for you!
Take a look at this video that shows how we impact lives and give people with disabilities the power and ability to express who they are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zh2UMK8xf0
Our Pittsburgh office is located in the South Side. We offer our full time employees a generous benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401K with company match, paid vacations, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, free parking, relaxed work environment, free on-site gym, free bike rentals, and various company events.
The Funding Consultant is responsible for coordinating the intake, submission, and follow-up of new product, repair, and equipment rental orders.
This individual works closely with SLPs, TD sales representatives, families, government agencies, and educational institutions to obtain order authorization and thoroughly reviews documents for submission ensuring they meet third party payer criteria.
What is exciting about this role is that the Funding Consultant has the opportunity to take ownership of responsibilities, work with autonomy while having the opportunity to share ideas and interface with other teams.
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain communication with case contacts on funding cases and instruct case contacts on document preparation and funding policies and regulations
- Work with insurance providers, government agencies, and educational institutions to place new product, repair or rental orders
- Track funding authorization cases ensuring requests are resolved to completion in a timely manner
- Utilize on-line resources and maintain frequent communication with funding agencies to verify eligibility
- Review prior authorization documents against third party payer criteria
- Research previous orders and payment history/DSOs for any repair or new order requests
- Enter and complete orders in the order management system database
- Serve as a client advocate by communicating with clients and family members on funding requests and co-payment requirements, representing client’s case with third party insurance providers and troubleshooting any problems to resolution
- Resolve third party denials and provide consultation to finalize difficult funding cases
- Alert supervisor of potential third party payer challenges
- Perform various other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree, or 2 – 4 years related experience
- Background in the health insurance field preferred
- Internet navigation skills
- MS Office Word and Outlook
To be successful in this role and at Tobii Dynavox you need to be customer focused and interpersonal while collaborating and working with a team. You must be able to multitask in a fast paced environment.
All our jobs at Tobii Dynavox are about innovation, passion and not the least - making things real.
Working at Tobii Dynavox:
Working at Tobii is like being in the heart of innovation. Here you get to work on cool creative projects, together with passionate colleagues from all around the world.
Our technology brings a voice to people with speech impairments, it helps us understand human behavior and it is revolutionizing the way we interact with technology.
Life is short so we choose to spend it building high tech products that matters!
If you want to build a company rather than just work for one. If you take pride in honest, hard work and want to perform freely in an open environment where you can be yourself, you will feel right at home.
- It’s all about passion, innovation and making things real –
Learn more about what we do by visiting our Youtube channel