Funding Assistant - Health Insurance
Tobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii group, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and China. If you want to work with meaningful products and solve interesting problems, we might be the right company for you!
Take a look at this video that shows how we impact lives and give people with disabilities the power and ability to express who they are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zh2UMK8xf0
Our Pittsburgh office is located in the Southside. We offer our full-time employees a generous benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401K with company match, paid vacations, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, free parking, relaxed work environment, free on-site gym, free bike rentals, and various company events.
The position of Funding Assistant is responsible for requesting new prescriptions and Face to Face (F2F) Documents required by insurance plans for the Funding Department.
The Funding Assistant will be contacting patients to confirm continued use of our equipment for capped rentals and setting up the returns for equipment no longer being used. This position will also reach out via phone and email to facilities in order to inquire on statuses of prescriptions, F2F documents, Prior authorization forms (PAR), Certificates of Medical Necessity (CMN), and any other necessary forms.
This position also includes responding to inquiries and general funding questions via email or through the phone queue calls on behalf of the Funding Team. This position requires excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and to be system/program oriented. This position also requires the ability to adapt to change, and communicate efficiently with co-workers and customers.
- Request prescription and F2F documents that are required by all insurance plans
- Review case history notes in the Order Management System (OMI) to determine which documents are needed
- Utilize OMI to create and generate prescription and F2F request messages
- Utilize PDF Sam in order to customize documents, when needed
- Ability to pull reports of cases that need new prescriptions/F2F and also require follow up calls to necessary facilities, insurances and/or physician’s offices
- Maintain and organize the incoming requests from other team members, whether presented in person, via reporting, or from the task manager
- Respond to general funding and status inquiries from sales team
- Communicate with team members to ensure compliancy of documents, and the need for any additional documentation
- Aid in preparation of documentation for submittal to insurance carriers
- Follow up with internal and external customers for missing documentation
- Follow up with carriers on the status of submitted authorization requests
- Follow up on continued use of our equipment for Capped Rentals
- Set-up returns for equipment no longer being used
- Perform various other duties as assigned
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 1-3 years’ experience in a medical office setting
- High School Diploma
COMPUTER OR TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Ability to learn basic skills required to search client/patient information
- Ability to learn basic skills required to utilize uploading, converting, merging, splitting and saving PDF documents
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Basic data entry and/or word processing skills
OTHER SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Records maintenance skills
- Knowledge of the HIPPA guidelines
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to learn and obtain knowledge of Medicare and other insurance information and requirements
- See, hear, and speak
- Kneel, stand, and reach
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENT
- Ability to work at a desk for prolonged periods of time, with multiple computer screens
To be successful in this role and at Tobii Dynavox you need to be customer focused and interpersonal while collaborating and working with a team. You must be able to multitask in a fast paced environment.
All our jobs at Tobii Dynavox are about innovation, passion and not the least - making things real.
Working at Tobii Dynavox:
Working at Tobii is like being in the heart of innovation. Here you get to work on cool creative projects, together with passionate colleagues from all around the world.
Our technology brings a voice to people with speech impairments, it helps us understand human behavior and it is revolutionizing the way we interact with technology.
Life is short so we choose to spend it building high tech products that matters!
If you want to build a company rather than just work for one. If you take pride in honest, hard work and want to perform freely in an open environment where you can be yourself, you will feel right at home.
- It’s all about passion, innovation and making things real –
Learn more about what we do by visiting our Youtube channel
EOE/AA Women/Minorities/Veterans/DisabledApply now