Tobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii group, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and China.
We give people a voice. We help people with various disabilities “speak” with their hands and their eyes, interact and communicate with technology, in completely new and often game changing ways. Have a look at our users Steve , Katie , and Stephen to get an idea of how our products can completely change people’s lives. Every day we help people with disabilities ranging from ALS and Cerebral Palsy to Spinal Cord Injury and Stroke.
The role of Events Manager will focus on the development and execution of a strategy for events, including customer events as well as internal events such as sales meetings, Discovery Labs and Implementation Workshops.
Role and responsibilities
- Establish and manage budgets for all sponsored events
- Create and maintain detailed task lists for each event to ensure deadlines are met
- Meet deadlines related to each show, manage and execute events within budget
- Review contracts, handle vendor payments and reconcile expenses
- Effectively communicate with show management, trade show stakeholders, communications department and vendors on requirements needed to effectively meet event goals
- Manage trade show logistics, exhibit display, order materials needed for show, pre and post-show shipping, event staffing and registrations, coordinate staff hotel bookings
- Introduce new trade show marketing tactics/ideas and follow through to effectively promote the brand at all trade shows and events
- Monitor and analyze trade show metrics, and review for continuous improvements
- Coordinate with conference venue staff on exhibitor requirements
- Provide pre-show and onsite assistance for personnel
- Oversee/Assign set-up and teardown of exhibits area
- Oversee stock and inventory of promotional items for events
- Assist in maintaining and populating marketing intranet portal for new and relevant marketing content (product library, product descriptions, presentations, and more)
- Collaborate with eMarketing and Communications to ensure all tradeshows and relevant on-line (social) marketing are supported and promoted
- Develop PowerPoint presentations for internal and external customers when necessary
- Assist the Sales Support and Product Placement team when needed
- Collaborate with Sales and Sales Support on programs and Sales initiatives
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related fields
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Passion for event management/ marketing
- Strong interest in learning commercial strategy and customer engagement activities
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and organized with the ability to prioritize and work both independently and collaboratively
- Top-notch organizational, project management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to grasp and understand diverse markets and product offerings
- Project Management experience
- Experience in planning agendas/meetings
- Supervising associates
- Ability to delegate responsibilities to others and anticipate potential problems
- Ability to maintain flexibility and has an attention to detail
- Experience with budgeting expenses
- Able to meet people and provide customers with services
- Social perceptiveness and can relate to the public/consumers
- Able and willing to travel as needed approximately 30% of time
- Willingness to work some nights and weekends as required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with continual interruptions
- Ability to endure long hours/hours beyond usual work week
We find it to be a strong plus if you have experience in:
- 3 years of experience in Event Management
- Experience with Salesforce
At Tobii we want you to be yourself and we welcome applicants from all walks of life. No matter if you wear biker boots or sneakers, or if you spend your nights trying to put all your children to sleep or if you prefer playing Dungeons & Dragons with your colleagues. Welcome to Tobii!
Apply as soon as possible by our website. We handle applications ongoing, don't wait! At Tobii Dynavox, we move quickly.
Working at Tobii you will find yourself in an innovative environment and work with passionate colleagues from all around the world. Our technology brings a voice to people with speech impairments, it helps us understand human behavior and it is revolutionizing the way we interact with technology.
If you want to build a company rather than just work for one, if you take pride in honest hard work and want to perform freely in an open environment where you can be yourself, you will feel right at home.
It’s all about innovation, passion and making things real.
Tobii Dynavox values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Tobii Dynavox does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
EOE/AA Women/Minorities/Veterans/DisabledApply now