Director of Program Management
Do you have a proven track record of leading a group of talented program management professionals? Are you looking for an opportunity to achieve professional success and advancement while also creating positive change in the world and dramatically changing people’s lives for the better? Are you ready to take on the most meaningful and rewarding job of your life? Tobii Dynavox currently has a unique opening in Pittsburgh for a Director of Program Management to lead our Program Management team in the management of our industry-leading portfolio of hardware and software products.
We give people a voice. We help people with various disabilities “speak” with their hands and their eyes, interact and communicate with technology, in completely new and often game changing ways. Have a look at our users Steve, Katie, and Stephen to get an idea of how our products can completely change people’s lives. Every day we help people with disabilities ranging from ALS and Cerebral Palsy to Spinal Cord Injury and Stroke.
As the Director of Program Management, you will oversee a team of program managers who lead the development, market launch and life-cycle management of ground breaking assistive technology products with a focus on intuitive and natural communication. You will be collaborating with colleagues, customers and partners across our global offices.
At Tobii Dynavox, we always strive to do what´s best for our users. You will deliver a cutting-edge experience to people with complex communications challenges, physical disabilities and learning disabilities. To succeed you should be highly driven and structured in your approach to program management. You should be someone that finds creative solutions to challenging and exciting program issues, removing barriers, and bringing teams together to work effectively. You should be a confident but humble leader, inspiring your team to meet the challenge of bringing world-class solutions to our customers.
As the Director of Program Management, you and your team of Program and Project Managers will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Product Development Lifecycle including initiating, planning, development, testing and delivery. You will work closely with cross-functional leaders to define and deliver critical initiatives to support one or more of Tobii Dynavox’s product portfolios and the enterprise Roadmap. Your work will be complex and vary in both strategic focus and process governance.
In this position, you will
- Lead a team of program managers, dedicated to providing life-changing solutions for our customers with disabilities
- Drive process improvements to improve program effectiveness over time
- Plan and lead PMO resources and requirements
- Proven understanding of how to manage a PMO Department with solid knowledge of PMO concepts and ability to drive projects to completion.
- Prior experience successfully managing teams with both direct and indirect reports ensuring good collaboration and coordination between multiple sites and time zones.
- Ability to envision future state business services/processes and to construct roadmaps representing evolution from current to future state
- Maintain oversight of the program budgets and program cost management.
- Oversee the Global PMO activities to ensure projects are delivered with quality, in scope, on time and within budget to meet business objectives.
- Connect closely with customers and users to better understand their needs
- Work closely with all teams - Sales, Marketing, Training, R&D, Operations, Support & Finance as well as with external partners, 3rd parties and resellers to deliver products globally
We are looking for a candidate with following minimum qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
- 8+ years’ experience in program management or related positions
- 3+ years’ experience managing professionals
- Experience in Medical Device industry or equivalently regulated industry, preferred. Certificate in PMP preferred
- Experience with a variety of methodologies included Agile, Waterfall, Stage Gate
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience identifying, hiring and leading world-class talent.
- A demonstrated record of partnering with teams across the organization and leading cross-functional product development efforts
- Knowledge and understanding of Web and Mobile applications
- A successful track record of designing, building and launching products with real business impact
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule tradeoffs and opportunistic new ideas with technical and non-technical employees.
- Experience creating global products
- Driven by a strong sense of purpose:
- Is passionate about helping others and by nature is collaborative and curious
- a social person that likes working with others but also is comfortable working on your own
- Enjoys excellent communication and presentations
- Is willing to get your hands dirty to get the job done
If you’re an experienced manager of program management talent ready to take on a challenging but rewarding opportunity to create products that will significantly improve people’s lives in powerful and long-lasting ways, this is the job for you. Apply now and read more at www.tobiidynavox.com/careers
Keywords: UX, User-centric, Passionate, Communication, Presentation skills, International experience, Language skills, Cross-cultural skills, Market Analysis, AAC, Interface, Disabilities, Technology, Product strategy, Product Management, Business Development, Business modelling, Innovative, Collaborative, Product planningApply now