Tobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii group, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm, Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and China.
Tobii is seeking a Corporate Counsel, based in Pittsburgh, to join our close-knit Legal/IP team. The successful candidate will be an experienced, self-motivated, outgoing and business-focused lawyer who takes ownership of issues and achieves results
We give people a voice. We help people with various disabilities “speak” with their hands and their eyes, interact and communicate with technology, in completely new and often game changing ways. Have a look at our users Steve, Katie, and Stephen to get an idea of how our products can completely change people’s lives. Every day we help people with disabilities ranging from ALS and Cerebral Palsy to Spinal Cord Injury and Stroke.
The role will primarily support the Tobii Dynavox business ( www.tobiidynavox.com ) and will provide the successful candidate with exposure to multiple jurisdictions and all manner of legal issues that one would expect in a growing technology company.
In this position, you will:
- Support Tobii Dynavox’s business by reviewing and advising on commercial issues including insurance agreements, Medicare/Medicaid funding arrangements, commercial supply terms, purchase orders, and licensing agreements.
- Be the first point of contact for any legal issues for Tobii Dynavox in the US.
- Work closely with all function groups including Sales, R&D, Marketing and Procurement to advise on legal issues and risks, complex deal structures, and policies.
- Assist in the definition and implementation of standardized legal agreements and processes.
- Collaborate with other members of Tobii’s Legal/IP team around the world.
- Provide support as needed to Tobii’s other business units.
- J.D. from an accredited law school.
- Four or more (4+) years post qualification experience.
- Direct contract negotiation experience.
- Any experience in the following areas will be highly regarded: FDA matters, insurance agreements, healthcare agreements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills.
- The ability to work independently.
Working at Tobii is like being in the heart of innovation. Here you get to work on cool creative projects, together with passionate colleagues from all around the world. Our technology brings a voice to people with speech impairments, it helps us understand human behavior and it is revolutionizing the way we interact with technology. Life is short so we choose to spend it building high tech products that matters!
If you want to build a company rather than just work for one. If you take pride in honest hard work and want to perform freely in an open environment where you can be yourself, you will feel right at home.
It’s all about passion, innovation and making things real.
We give our customers the power to be themselves and live their everyday to the fullest!