Tobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii group, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and China. If you want to work with meaningful products and solve interesting problems, we might be the right company for you!
Our devices are used by both children and adults in the clinical, work, home and school settings to support communication for those living with autism, stroke, ALS and other conditions.
Take a look at these video that shows how we impact lives and give people with disabilities the power and ability to express who they are:
We have an immediate need for a Community Manager in our Pittsburgh office. Our Pittsburgh office is located in the South Side. We offer our full-time employees a generous benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401K with company match, paid vacations, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, free parking, relaxed work environment, free on-site gym, free bike rentals, and various company events.
The Community Manager will be the social heartbeat of Tobii Dynavox online and in the community.
The Community Manager will have responsibility for implementing the User Ambassador Program strategy, growing an active brand ambassador network to spread the word about Tobii Dynavox. The Community Manager will have responsibility for working with User Ambassadors to organize, coordinate and support regular community events/projects in the U.S. promoting Augmentative and Alternative Communication, Computer Access and Special Education solutions to our major stakeholders in the disability community.
The manager will also assist with the implementation of the company’s social media strategy. They will strive to create and deliver relevant, engaging social media content to increase the awareness for the company and products, generating inbound traffic and leads while encouraging product adoption. The role will coordinate with internal teams and sites to ensure consistency in voice and cultivating a social media referral network.
The role and responsibilities:
- Support an Ambassador outreach program and build an active brand ambassador network to spread the word about Tobii Dynavox
- Liaise with disability organizations and relevant industry associations (collaborating with others in Tobii Dynavox)
- Organize and attend events, both online and at locations nationally. This may include hosting and presenting recorded webinars, Facebook Live events etc. collaborating with partners of Tobii Dynavox and User Ambassadors
- Become an advocate of the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues, answering questions where appropriate and promoting others in areas where needed
- Assist with implementation Social Media strategy, campaigns and day-to-day activities. Duties include online advocacy, writing editorial, community outreach efforts, promotions, etc.
- Manage presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications
- Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media and outreach programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize result
- Regularly provide feedback and insights from social media monitoring to global product and marketing teams, to help them evolve their strategies in a timely fashion
- Perform various other tasks as assigned
We are looking for someone who:
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
- Public Relations, Marketing, Sales, Community Management experience a plus
- Excellent presentation skills – Seeking a dynamic presentation style with the ability to influence and empathize with varied audiences
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written format
- Extreme networker, especially in social media
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to understand the product portfolio/roadmap and market the benefits to key audiences
- Excellent technical skills (in the iOS and Windows environment) and can pick up new tools quickly
- Sales mentality
- Experience in the field of assistive technology preferred
- Speech Language Pathologist (CCC) background preferred
OTHER SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to act according to the Tobii values
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Interpersonal skills to function effectively in a team environment
- Flexibility, service-minded, hands-on approach
- Ability to lift and or move up to 25 pounds
- Ability to travel throughout the US approximately 25-40% of the time
Working at Tobii is like being in the heart of innovation. Here you get to work on cool creative projects, together with passionate colleagues from all around the world. Our technology brings a voice to people with speech impairments, it helps us understand human behavior and it is revolutionizing the way we interact with technology. Life is short so we choose to spend it building high tech products that matters!
If you want to build a company rather than just work for one. If you take pride in honest hard work and want to perform freely in an open environment where you can be yourself, you will feel right at home.
It’s all about passion, innovation and making things real.
Watch this video if you want to learn more about us.
At Tobii, we want you to be yourself and we welcome applicants from all walks of life. No matter if you wear high heels or sandals, or if you spend your nights at the gym or prefer playing Dungeons & Dragons with your colleagues. Welcome to Tobii!
We give our customers the power to be themselves and live their everyday to the fullest!