Clinical Content Internship
Tobii Dynavox is seeking enthusiastic and qualified interns to work in a paid internship in our Clinical Content department during Summer 2018. The Tobii Dynavox Summer Internship Program provides students with a hands-on experience.
The program will include learning opportunities to understand AAC in a broad spectrum including research, product development, implementation, funding, marketing, and the sales process. Participants will have hands-on work tasks alongside speech-language pathologists to develop materials, participate in outcomes projects, and observe and participate in therapy sessions using AAC products. The program will allow students to explore the field of AAC, make an impact on tools that customers will use for communication, and have the chance to develop future interests in the field throughout the duration of their internship.
We help people with various disabilities “speak” with their hands and their eyes, interact and communicate with technology, in completely new and often game changing ways. Every day we help people with disabilities ranging from ALS and Cerebral Palsy to Spinal Cord Injury and Stroke.
Take a look at these video that shows how we impact lives and give people with disabilities the power and ability to express who they are:
If you want to work with one of Pittsburgh’s 2017 top companies, meaningful products and solve interesting problems, we might be the right company for you!
- Participate in training companywide to understand our processes and products
- Develop materials and implementation supports for customer use
- Participate in discussions around product development and research
- Observe and participate in therapy sessions using AAC
- Additional opportunities to develop materials, tools, training, and more
- Perform various other tasks as assigned
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Currently enrolled in a college program preparing for a career in Speech Language Pathology or related field
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Availability to work Monday to Thursday, full days at our office in Pittsburgh
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well on a team
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Excellent oral and writing skills with the ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
COMPUTER OR TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- MS Office Suite
- Proficient in use of Google Docs and cloud based work processing
OTHER SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Detail oriented
- Visual acuity
- Ability to see, hear and speak
- Able to sit, stand and walk
- Finger and manual dexterity
- Able to lift or move up to 10 pounds
- Able to work with interruptions
- Ability to sit at a desk for a prolonged period of time
Working at Tobii is like being in the heart of innovation. Here you get to work on cool creative projects, together with passionate colleagues from all around the world. Our technology brings a voice to people with speech impairments, it helps us understand human behavior and it is revolutionizing the way we interact with technology. Life is short so we choose to spend it building high tech products that matters!
We give our customers the power to be themselves and live their everyday to the fullest!
EOE/AA Women/Minorities/Veterans/DisabledApply now