Tobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii group, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and China.
If you want to work with meaningful products and solve interesting problems, we might be the right company for you!
Take a look at this video that shows how we impact lives and give people with disabilities the power and ability to express who they are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zh2UMK8xf0
Our Pittsburgh office is located in the South Side. We offer our full-time employees a generous benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401K with company match, paid vacations, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, free parking, relaxed work environment, free on-site gym, free bike rentals, and various company events.
The Accounting Manager plays an integral role in the day-to day financial operations of the company through managing a portion of the Finance Team, taking responsibility for the monthly close, and working with the Controller to implement the proper calculations, processes, and policies and procedures.
- Manage/Supervise the month-end close by taking responsibility for opening/closing the accounting modules at the appropriate time, tracking the progress of the close, troubleshooting emerging issues related to the close, reviewing journal entries, reviewing account reconciliations and analyses, and verifying that all journal entries and account reconciliations are completed in a timely manner, are properly documented and are properly maintained. This also includes being the main point of contact regarding any month end close related questions and providing regular updates to the Controller on close progress.
- Manage the following employees: staff accountants, accounts receivable personnel, and accounts payable personnel. Included in management duties are: assisting the employee in troubleshooting job related issues as they arise, assisting the employee with career development, addressing disciplinary needs, providing (at a minimum) annual feedback to employee (through year end assessment)
- Continuously analyze calculations to verify that the calculations properly reflect current operations and are in accordance with GAAP
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the various processes and their integration within the overall financial administrative systems
- Assist the Controller is assessing internal controls, suggesting changing, and implementing changes as needed
- Serve as the project manager for the Accounting Department in conjunction with new system integrations and/or the implementation of new processes
- Collaborate with IT and Systems Integrations to resolve issues related to specialized software used for General Ledger functions
- Assist with the maintenance of general ledger and financial reports in the financial reporting system
- Research and provide input in the application of technical accounting involving revenue recognition, intangible assets, and other complex accounting areas
- Take the lead on and act as the primary contact with respect to: annual financial statement audit, quarterly financial statement reviews, and annual federal/state tax returns
- Perform various other tasks as assigned
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years of relevant experience ideally gained through positions of increasing responsibility (public accounting in conjunction with industry experience preferred)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Continued)
- Certified Public Account is highly preferred
- Strong written and report presentation skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal, collaboration, and teaming skills
COMPUTER OR TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Hands-on experience with ERP and accounting reporting systems. Great Plains and Management Reporter experience a plus
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
OTHER SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Analytical skills and ability to prepare meaningful analysis of financial performance
- Detailed oriented
- Organizational skills
- Training skills
- Commitment of the principals on continuous improvement
- Able to make decisions and exercise judgment to come to the best treatment when troubleshooting accounting issues and implementing changes to processes
- See, talk, and hear
- Able to sit, stand, and walk
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work and think independently in a fast-paced environment
- Able to maintain flexibility in an environment of continual change
- Ability to work overtime as needed
To be successful in this role and at Tobii Dynavox you need to be customer focused and interpersonal while collaborating and working with a team. You must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
All our jobs at Tobii Dynavox are about innovation, passion and not the least - making things real.
Working at Tobii Dynavox:
Working at Tobii is like being in the heart of innovation. Here you get to work on cool creative projects, together with passionate colleagues from all around the world.
Our technology brings a voice to people with speech impairments, it helps us understand human behavior and it is revolutionizing the way we interact with technology.
Life is short so we choose to spend it building high tech products that matters!
If you want to build a company rather than just work for one. If you take pride in honest, hard work and want to perform freely in an open environment where you can be yourself, you will feel right at home.
- It’s all about passion, innovation and making things real –
Learn more about what we do by visiting our Youtube channel